To inspire and enrich the World of Science through efficiently providing Science Professionals with tools to educate!
To be the market leader for efficient, convenient and hassle-free supply in every Canadian Laboratory!
As the company grows, it has become more and more important to clearly define the core values from which we develop our culture, our brand, and our business strategies.
These are the ten core values that we live by:
- Spirited hard Work - We constantly stretch and challenge ourselves.
- Pursue Growth and Develop your Potential - We understand our market, strategy and vision.
- Deliver Exceptional Customer Service - We provide a frictionless and hassle free experience
- Commitment, Passion and Determination - We are committed to superfast response to our customer’s needs.
- Trustworthy, Honest and Positive Communication - We value trust and build open and honest long term relationships
- Be Creative and Innovative - We embrace new strategies immediately and are ever evolving through constant change.
- Do More with Less - There is always room for improvement in everything we do.
- Working at Westlab is Enjoyable, Fulfilling and Rewarding - We celebrate our successes and each other’s accomplishments.
- Authority and Leadership - We respect each other and seek to lead by example.
- Responsibility and Sustainability - We are responsible to provide a sustainable and positive future
What is Westlab
Westlab is a local Canadian operated manufacturer and supplier for all your industrial and educational laboratory needs including consumables, outfitting and equipment. Based out of Vancouver, the Account Management and Customer Service Teams are available from 6:30AM PST (9:30AM EST) to 5:30PM PST (8:30PM EST) to help clients in any way they can. Valued clients can shop 24 hours per day on this user friendly website and get free freight on orders of $75 or greater.
Over 2000 product lines are available in Westlab’s inventory which is stocked in a Vancouver based 95,000 square foot distribution center. GPS tracking and scanning for shipping and receiving gives an almost perfect accuracy rating for Westlab’s clients. With this up-to-date logistics technology, clients can expect a guaranteed next day shipping for all in-stock items!
The Westlab Story
Westlab began as New Horizons Scientific in 2007 in Richmond BC as an educational laboratory supplies provider to schools in BC. In 2009 the operation moved to Cloverdale BC in order to get bigger facilities to accommodate the growth from expanding sales across Western Canada. Nationwide sales began in 2011 and forced another move to a bigger location in Cloverdale. In 2013 New Horizons Scientific became a major shareholder in ISG (International Science Group) allowing access to the most up to date products in the industry. New Horizons Scientific changed names to Westlab in January 2014 in order to optimize marketing exposure with our world-wide ISG partners. Due to further expansion, in May of 2015 Westlab moved offices to Langley BC and our warehouse to a 95,000 square foot facility in Delta BC. Still a Canadian corporation, Westlab now distributes to secondary and tertiary educational, research and industrial laboratories across Canada with over 2000 product lines offered from our local and in-stock inventory.
Global Presence - ISG (International Scientific Group)
Westlab is one of the original founders of the ISG (International Scientific Group). ISG is a world-wide group of synergistic businesses that combines innovative ideas and resources to give clients access to the most up to date products and optimize their value for money when choosing Westlab as their premier supplier for all their laboratory needs. The Group is creating brands that can be used within the existing companies to address markets they serve. Control of the brands and the need of global presence are the key motivators for this initiative. Visit www.international-scientific.com